Quality of Life in Lewiston, ID and Clarkston, WA
Located in the Southeast corner of Washington along the Idaho border and within 40 miles of the Oregon border, Clarkston is a port city surrounded by the rolling hills, mountains and river canyons that make up this area of Washington known as the Lewis Clark Valley.
The Valley is home to nearly 50,000 people between the two cities and yet feels larger. There are the common amenities of a community many times the size of Lewiston and Clarkston including some excellent restaurants, large retailers and two hospitals.
The area has been renowned for a variety of things including the productive fields of wheat and legumes produced here and shipped worldwide.
The valley attracts newcomers for the mild climate (averages 1’ of snowfall per year).
The overall cost of living is ~8% lower than the US average according to bestplaces.net
- Home to excellent schools – Two major universities and several colleges
- Lewiston, ID (sister town) Ranked #1 as the Most Secure Place to Live in the US
- Plethora of recreational and outdoor activities including: Ski resorts, white water, fly fishing, hiking, biking, backpacking and camping
- Symphony, theater, international jazz festival, wine country- vineyards
- Enjoy easy access to metro without all the hassle of traffic, cost of living and overwhelming competition
- Mild four seasons (less than 6” snow annually)
- Low humidity
- Excellent public and private golf courses – golf all year round!
- Great restaurants – experience regional cuisine and award-winning locally produced wines
- Suburban shopping – Home Depot, Macy’s, Walmart, Staples, Costco and more
- Only two hours from Spokane, WA – Unique boutiques, renowned department stores and expansive shopping centers
- Strong economy/affordable housing – Your choice @ $399k – 4,200sf home or 2,800sf and 5 acres on river
- No state income tax/low property taxes
- “Sunny” Pacific Northwest lifestyle- Ranked #1 for Outdoor Activities (Outdoor Magazine)
Why Tri-State Memorial Hospital?
Tri-State Memorial Hospital & Medical Campus is located on six acres at 1221 Highland Avenue in Clarkston, WA. In addition to the Hospital, the campus includes physician’s offices, Home Health & Hospice, Pathologists’ Regional Laboratory, Owl Tri-State Pharmacy and Evergreen Estates Retirement and Assisted Living Center, located directly behind the hospital. The campus also includes the Tri-State Medical Office Building, consisting of seven suites which house two primary care physicians, an oral/maxillofacial surgeon, a nephrologist, Tri-State S.P.O.R.T. Physical Therapy, and Tri-State’s Sleep Diagnostic and Wound Healing Centers.
Tri-State Hospital serves a 10-county region in Washington, Idaho and Oregon. We are a not-for-profit, community-owned hospital (since 1955), offering acute care as well as a JCAHO (Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations) accredited critical access facility.
We are a Critical Access Hospital with 25 acute care beds including four ICU/PCU beds
Atypical of a small hospital – Although designated as a Critical Access Hospital, Tri-State Memorial Hospital offers a number of services that defy the distinction.
- New all digital Imaging Center – 64 Slice CT, 3 Tesla MRI, Digital Mammography, PACS
- High surgical volume – Total Joint Program is 5 Star rated
- Very successful kidney dialysis program (110 patients between two locations)
- Four room sleep lab staffed by a pulmonologist
- One of the region’s only wound healing/hyperbaric medicine programs with two hyperbaric oxygen chambers. The clinic sees 40-50 patients/day
- Well-developed Hospitalist program – Well established program staffed by local physicians that are your colleagues and neighbors
- 12 bay Emergency Department with 24/7 physician staffing
- PA staffed Minor Care clinic located within Emergency Department
- Valley-wide specialty services include: Pediatrics, Otolaryngology, Urology, Gastroenterology, Pulmonology, Neurology, Oncology/Radiation Oncology, Nephrology, Cardiology, General Surgery, Orthopedic and Neurosurgery
In The News
- Tri-State Memorial Hospital Earns ‘Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®’ Recognition from The Joint Commission
- Celebrating Women’s Health!
- 2014 Tri-State Hospital Foundation Healthy Business Partners 5k Fun Run/Walk
- Tri-State Health Beat, Spring 2014
- Women’s Health Seminar
- FREE Cancer Screening & Prevention Seminar!
- Tri-State Health Beat, Winter 2014
- Your Deadline is March 31st! What is the Affordable Care Act and What Does it Mean for You and Your Family?
- Men’s Health Seminar
- Tri-State Memorial Hospital again named Most Wired!